Sunday, January 15, 2012

Peppermint Mocha Latte at home

I'm not a regular coffee drinker by any stretch of the imagination.  But coffee based beverages like Starbucks lattes and frappuccinos?  Delish!

My newest fave for the sudden Mr. Freeze inspired chill that has recently taken over RI?  The peppermint mocha latte with skim and whipped cream. 

Since I don't keep real milk on hand, I went with my usual Trader Joe's vanilla almond milk, their peppermint hot chocolate, and their instant coffee "straws".  You know - single serving packets.  12 oz almond milk, heated in a sauce pan.  Add  1 instant coffee and a scant 1/4 cup of hot chocolate mix.  Stir or whisk well.  Split between 2 footed mugs and top with whipped cream.  Garnish with chocolate shavings or chocolate sauce, if desired. 

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment