Thursday, January 5, 2012

Upgraded Wedding Bands

This year my husband and I decided to upgrade our wedding bands for our 5 year anniversary.  Being the geeky couple that we are, we decided on the One Ring.

The rings are tungsten carbide with an ionic gold plating.  The inscription is laser etched inside and out.   This means no crevices for food to hide or rough spots for irritating sensitive skin.  Where did I find these drool-worthy rings, you ask?  eBay.  And at under  $30 each, you can't go wrong.  Search for "tungsten LOTR ring" and look for seller hjvision.  They offer free exchanges within a certain time frame if you find they fit a little different than when you measured your finger.

At first we were a little worried that the gold wouldn't hold up to everyday wear and tear too well.  I don't always remember to take off my jewelry when I craft.  Which may or may not include power tools.  But after 5 months, my ring is as shiny and pretty as new!  It does, sometimes, attract fingerprints, but you just wipe with a soft cloth and it's shiny and new again!

Thanks to Jen and John of EPBOT for triggering this post by referring to their garage as Shelob's Lair now that they've discovered a new way to store their Christmas tree.  Which I may steal.  After I do my own version of turning my regular trees into DIY prelit trees.  Yes - that is plural.  We have 2 trees!  More to come on those geeky obsessions later.  For now it's back to cookbook and cake planning time!

No comments:

Post a Comment